Day 8

Day 8: 1/8/09

I have officially been in Prague for a whole week now! It feels longer though. A couple days ago, it felt like we had been hanging out together for weeks.
Today, the rest of the class presented their lesson to two different students on a slightly more elementary level. I'm glad I had the ones I did, the spoke more English than the two today. But while everyone else is teaching, the rest of us get to peer criticize. Which is hard cause I don't know what they are doing wrong all the time. For the most part, we are all polite with each other cause we don't know everyone well enough to rag on them about every little detail.
After class, I walked down the road a ways to a business building for my first business-English lesson. I started to walk up the stairs but a security guard came out of nowhere and starter talking very fast, very confusing, and very Czech. I very intellectually said, “Uh... I'm sorry?” He made a face and then said some more. I pointed at my paper and said the business I was headed to. “Septia?” “Ah Septia....” and then he went into some Czech again. He must have noticed my dumb looks so he started gesturing how to get there. He pointed up the stairs, then to the right. He pretend to open a door and kept going. I nodded with a smile. All of that information was on my paper. I told him thanks, “Dekuji.” and he nodded and I quickly went up the stairs.
It was easy to find and Jiri and I introduced ourselves. I talked about Virginia and he talked about the Velvet revolution and what it was like when he was a kid. All in all, not a business lesson but it was a great introductory meeting. He's a very friendly guy who when asked what would you like to learn about English, he replies, “Everyting!”

Comments

Nick Danger said…
Jeff Prussia: Teacher of Everything! I love it! :D Man Christianna and I are VERY jelous of your adventuring. I'm glad you're getting used to it there. It's comforting to me that you're comfortable. Anyway, you still haven't sent me an address to which I can send you tangible things.... grrrrr

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day ?

Day 1