Day 1

1/1/08:
FRANKFURT

Well, I'm in Europe. I'm currently writing from Frankfurt airport where I landed from my overseas and overnight flight. It might have been the turbulence or the screaming child two seats next to me, but for some reason I didn't get much sleep. Trying to start a conversation with the guy next to me, it went as follows:
“So how are you doing?”
“Good... you?
“Yeah good.... You fly much?”
“Yes.”
And that was it. He didn't seem to be a big talker which was fine cause I wanted to sleep.. but couldn't. So instead, I watched a little of one of the flight movies: Fred Claus and wasn't deeply impressed. And of course it wasn't till we almost landed that I realized Monk was on another channel. And it was the episode where he was in the psych ward with Santa Claus. United Air must have thought it's the holidays or something. They passed out a late dinner and I had a good ravioli-pasta- thing.
Its misty here so there's not much to see.
I'm in Europe. That's so cool! Oh and I left behind 6 hours. If you find them can you send them to me? Ah, don't worry about it. I'll find it when I get back.

PRAGUE

Now I'm writing in a hostel. In Prague. In Europe. So cool.
I slept a couple hours in Frankfurt airport and then flew to Prague. No, my arms are not tired, thanks for asking. From Frankfurt, there was a beautiful sunset, just barely visible over the clouds. Oh! And I lucked out and got the emergency exit door, by the window. So not only could I see the sunset (and nothing else cause of the clouds-grumble) but I got extra leg room. And I mean EXTRA leg room. I could stretch out, cross em, switch em, I was happy. And they passed out snacks. A small sandwich and an authentic German chocolate bar (German was written all over it!)
I landed in Prague and made my way to... wherever everyone else was going. Ah yes, baggage claim. Grabbed mine, followed the crowd again. Ah, money exchange. I got some Czech crowns to pay for transport and the hostel. It ended up being 26 czk for the bus and metro and 480 for the hostel. Convert and that's a dollar thirty for getting here and twenty dollars for sleeping in a bed. Not too horrible.
The bus was awkward, trying to get big luggage around a tiny aisle with tiny seats. The metro was fast and easy with giant escalators. How far down is their subway system? Deeper than NYC or Washington. So I got out of the metro station and saw... Prague. In the not-too-far distance: a giant television tower with babies crawling up the side and right in front of me: a big ol church sitting in the middle of a square. I think I'm gonna like it here...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day ?