Day 12
Day 12: 1/12/09
Getting up at 7am, I went to the old Jewish quarter of the city to a school where I had been assigned to observe an elementary English classroom. I had been told that these students were monkeys but they just seemed like normal ten/ eleven year olds. The teacher played Jeopardy with simple English questions such as “What do monkeys eat?” under the Animals category. And the kids usually got the answer right, using their English vocabulary. I was never that good in Spanish, not even in high school!
And so, after observing this Monday, next Monday, I get the wonderful opportunity to teach them myself. Oh be still my aching heart...
Getting up at 7am, I went to the old Jewish quarter of the city to a school where I had been assigned to observe an elementary English classroom. I had been told that these students were monkeys but they just seemed like normal ten/ eleven year olds. The teacher played Jeopardy with simple English questions such as “What do monkeys eat?” under the Animals category. And the kids usually got the answer right, using their English vocabulary. I was never that good in Spanish, not even in high school!
And so, after observing this Monday, next Monday, I get the wonderful opportunity to teach them myself. Oh be still my aching heart...
Comments