Day 39, continued

Day 39, continued...

So during my siesta, Doug and Lorna invited me along to go to La Alberca with a couple of others including some others. I was going outside to take some pictures but ran into this collaboration of Canadian actor, Scottish something or another, my Spaniard roommate (but its more like bungalow- mate) Jose and friend whose name I forget. La Alberca is a tiny town in the mountains, not twenty minutes from our site by walking. Gorgeous mountain peaks tried to reach higher than the dead trees so I could take their pictures around the slightly curving road. And it was not until late that I realized that I left my stupid camera cord in Prague. Sigh.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I will not try to test that theory here today. You, oh faithful reader, can wait until I go back and get the rest of my luggage. I can try to describe the beautiful Spanish countryside with a few sentences, but not every last amazing detail. Not the color of bark here or there, not the roughness of La Alberca's cobbled street, not the way staring out my window and seeing valley and then mountain after mountain makes me feel on the inside (which is in one word: giddy). Now hold on, the mountains I am staring at are not the typical peak after peak after peak. There's some smooth transitions, each massive rise of earth rolling along after one another. They could be confused with hills but there's snow on them constantly and at this elevation, I consider them mountains. And there are a couple of sharp peaks around here.

After six hours of one-on-one's, my throat is a little sore. Well, maybe that, and I led fifty grown adults in a silly way of singing “I'm singin' in the rain.” Don't ask. Every person must present during the week and I was asked to present something on the first day. I'm the youngest here, why not. So I sing and make all the motions and fifty marketing, TV production, retirees, students, and lawyers are singing with me, thumbs out, elbows in, knees bent, knees together, butt out, head back, tongue out, swaying and laughing.

That was yesterday, today begins anew. Chao for now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love how you describe everything and appreciate the small details of beauty in these places...also I think that this dance, like your impersonation of Jeanette's dog, is something you really must show people instead of just describe it to them

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day ?

Day 1