Day 41
Day 41: Monday, February 9, 2009
Ah, I am in Spain. Let us dwell on that nice little fact for a moment.
It is raining right now and I sneezed a few times today. They say the mountain air is good for you but I think I am getting a cold. It is that time of year for me so I accept it. Also, talking all day does tend to put a frog in one's throat.
One of my one-on-one's was designated as a telephone session. Alberto called my room from his room and we role-played about 'holidays.' That's “a vacation” to Americans but I can adapt to keep it less confusing. I will correct certain things and let other things go. For example, “Jeff.” Its not that hard. But the Spanish language takes J and switches it to a haehggh sound. So apparently my name is haehgghff.
“No,” I say, “Jeff.”
“Haehgghff.” the Spaniards say.
“Geh-ff.” I try phonetics.
“Yeff”
“Gehff.”
“Heff.”
“Jeff.” I repeat.
“Yeff.”
“Close enough.”
Ah, I am in Spain. Let us dwell on that nice little fact for a moment.
It is raining right now and I sneezed a few times today. They say the mountain air is good for you but I think I am getting a cold. It is that time of year for me so I accept it. Also, talking all day does tend to put a frog in one's throat.
One of my one-on-one's was designated as a telephone session. Alberto called my room from his room and we role-played about 'holidays.' That's “a vacation” to Americans but I can adapt to keep it less confusing. I will correct certain things and let other things go. For example, “Jeff.” Its not that hard. But the Spanish language takes J and switches it to a haehggh sound. So apparently my name is haehgghff.
“No,” I say, “Jeff.”
“Haehgghff.” the Spaniards say.
“Geh-ff.” I try phonetics.
“Yeff”
“Gehff.”
“Heff.”
“Jeff.” I repeat.
“Yeff.”
“Close enough.”
Comments