Day 47

This morning I checked out of m 2 star hotel that I had shared with Mark and rode the metro to my new hostel. The MAD Hostel. Which is very nice. Its three floors in the facade of a town square with a big sun roof. But as soon as I arrived, I left to meet the 'gang' in Plaza Tirso de Molina. We had planned last night to go to the market. THE market. A kilometer long road, maybe two, of booths and people selling clothes, pottery, trinkets, do-dads, gadgets, gizmos, whozits, whatzits galore, thingabobs and more.
We had to say goodbye to Maureen and we saw her off in her taxi. Then JP took us to a nice Spanish restaurant and then we said goodbye to him.
Then after sitting outside in the sun for a while, I left to go to the Prado museum. I was feeling the sun and my face is a little red but its not that bad... yet. I'll probably feel it in the morning.
Prado was... big. But it was good. It had a lot of high renaissance and Barogue paintings. But it was mostly portraits of people that I didn't recognize. I prefer landscapes. But I did see world famous masterpieces today. So that was cool.
But tomorrow, I plan on going out on a day trip from Madrid to Segovia to see a Roman aqueduct and other cool stuff.

What am I doing here? Wasn't I going to go back to Prague? Why was I going to go back to Prague? To sit around for a month and wait for my job in France? Mhmmmm...
I'm going to email around to the hosts of helpx.net to see if I can find something to do until March 25th when I arrive in Paris.
I could volunteer work on a farm, or in a hostel, or in a BnB, or other random stuff in exchange for a free bed and food. This website is great because it helps travelers as well as the hosts who need some extra hands around their olive orchards or maybe their yacht in the Mediterranean. Who knows?

Once again, my plans are chucked out the window with much abandon.
Wasn't I going to stay in Prague as an English teacher for adults?

Aw well. Carpe diem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day ?

Day 1