Day 36
Day 36: 2/4/09
The National Gallery of Prague is modern art. Bleh. And contemporary art. Blarg. And any other so called 'art' that is not artistic but just thrown into this place because there was no room for it in the Vltava River.
There was one cool painting by some dude from the the Czech Republic about the underground railroad, not Harriet Tubman, but Prague's subway system.
But beside that, I walked through the entire five floors of 'art' and saw a naked woman by Picasso, a naked woman by some guy, a naked couple by that person, and photographs of a guy painting with a skinned goat's blood. Yeah, he was holding the dead animal and painting with it.
Sculptures, structures, and thingamagigs were displayed all around. In two hours, I asked if Amanda and Andy were ready to go. They agreed. And I'm glad it was free.
We then had a dinner made of classic American style breakfast food with pancakes, eggs, and bacon. The British couple, as well as all of us, heartily enjoyed it.
It was kinda my going away party but I think that title was just thrown in their to give the get together an excuse.
The next day, I packed up and left.
The National Gallery of Prague is modern art. Bleh. And contemporary art. Blarg. And any other so called 'art' that is not artistic but just thrown into this place because there was no room for it in the Vltava River.
There was one cool painting by some dude from the the Czech Republic about the underground railroad, not Harriet Tubman, but Prague's subway system.
But beside that, I walked through the entire five floors of 'art' and saw a naked woman by Picasso, a naked woman by some guy, a naked couple by that person, and photographs of a guy painting with a skinned goat's blood. Yeah, he was holding the dead animal and painting with it.
Sculptures, structures, and thingamagigs were displayed all around. In two hours, I asked if Amanda and Andy were ready to go. They agreed. And I'm glad it was free.
We then had a dinner made of classic American style breakfast food with pancakes, eggs, and bacon. The British couple, as well as all of us, heartily enjoyed it.
It was kinda my going away party but I think that title was just thrown in their to give the get together an excuse.
The next day, I packed up and left.
Comments