Day 33

Day 33: February 2, 2009

So on Saturday night, (I can't believe I forgot to type this!) there was a fight in our apartment building. And I mean a fight. It involved, I think, two voices, both speaking fluent unhesitating Czech. Andy and I were just sitting around doing nothing around 11:00 pm when suddenly from the stairs, I assume, these two people, a man and a woman, were yelling at each other in our hall, possibly right outside our door. And I mean yelling. Unabashed yelling. Throwing all caution to the wind shouting. Some blows were thrown. Some punches were landed. Some slaps were delivered. And Andy and I were kinda flipping out. Curiosity is a curious thing. We wanted to open the door and witness what was taking place but at the same time, simple human nature and fear of getting involved with even more fearful consequences kept us from opening the door.
We heard doors slammed. Muffled shouting now. A door opens. The man is shouting again. The door is slammed. He started pounding on the door, yelling. Two minutes go by, without change safe for his deeper breathing. Eventually, he stops pounding and just breathes. And then he leaves. I heard his footsteps down the stairs.
We kept the door locked.

The next morning, I see a trail of dots of blood going from our pleasant neighbor's door down the two flights of stairs and ending at the gate on the street. I'm hoping the guy just had a bloody nose or something simple like that after apparently getting kicked out from his girl's place.

So yeah, what happened to you this weekend?

Something about a football game?

Comments

Nick Danger said…
DUDE! Holy crap!

Also, don't be worried. The Big Man has got your back.

Phil 4: 4-7 4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day ?

Day 1