Day 54

Day 54: Sunday, Feb 22, 2009

I had at one point in my blog tried to start having a 'thought for the day.' Yeah, you can see that lasted for a long time. Anyway, I have found that when I have nothing to do, I don't do anything. But when I have a lot to do, I do a lot. Why is this? Am I put into a mindset of production or of laziness depending on my agenda? Today, I did little more than go to church, eat lunch, browse facebook, and watch videos online. However, I did get a call from my landlord. He's a good landlord who is very particular about the legality of what he is doing. Which is a good thing. But it is not always a good thing for people like me. He asked for a security deposit. Even though I am only going to be here in this spacious perfect room for two weeks.
Its a good room. I have a desk, an armchair, a couch, and a coffee table. There is also a double bed, currently split into two. The window looks out into a classic Praguian yard in the middle of the building. The room has a small mantle with a mirror and an odd undying plant. A medium sized shelf-thing stands five feet tall with doors and ledges but no area big enough to be called a wardrobe. My roommates keep the whole place warm with the thermostat cranked up (utilities are included!) but they do tend to like the volume cranked equally up.
The bathroom is different. The toilet room is by the front door with a flushing cord dangling from up above. The shower, sink, and washing machine is near the kitchen.
The living room has a small balcony that overlooks the street Vinohradsy at the food market across the street. Our apartment is right on a tram line which is convenient if you don't mind waiting the same amount of time that it takes to walk where you're going. The living room is big, with matching plump furniture that makes an L shape around a long coffee table. The kitchen is in the same room but is blocked off by cabinets. We have a full fridge and an oven the doesn't work. No dish washer-- they seem to be nonexistent in Europe-- but plenty of dishes for four people.
What else might you want to know?
I don't know. So I'm going to sign off for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day ?

Day 1