Week Eight
Day 59: Friday, February 27, 2009
Well, I have sent all of my paperwork to The American Village in France. So this time next month, I will have traveled to my job site (still unknown) and start work there!
But in the meantime, I will be going to a farm in Italy in exchange for food and a bed. It is near Lucca, which is near Pisa. I don't know if I will be able to see the Leaning Tower though... After I spend two whole weeks of the advertised “planting vines and clearing forests,” I will go to Germany and see a fellow Triple R Ranch worker named Christian. He offered me his hospitality and we are finally going to make it work! So after a weekend near Frankfurt, I will have only three more nights till I go to Paris and start my English immersion camp adventure. Maybe I can hop down to Rome for quick hostel takeover. I mean, a hostel sleep over. I mean, I would sleep at a hostel.
All in all, with the aid of inexpensive flight ticket searches, my flight to Italy from Prague, by way of Brussels (?) will be about $100. And then from Bologna to Frankfurt is only 25 euros, or $31. A trip from the major Frankfurt airport to Rome would only be 15 euros and then to Paris: 9 euros! I do not mean to brag, but simply inform on how traveling around Europe can be. You can do it too!
So with my remaining money, I can easily reach Paris in time. Or I could just stay here in my big apartment in Prague and eat myself out of lethargical boredrum.
Why does spell check not like boredrum? Nor lethargical? Those are real words, aren't they?
So I never expected me to be doing tough farm work but hey, its Italy! I'll be leaving Prague and riding a train through the Italian countryside next Thursday!
Well, I have sent all of my paperwork to The American Village in France. So this time next month, I will have traveled to my job site (still unknown) and start work there!
But in the meantime, I will be going to a farm in Italy in exchange for food and a bed. It is near Lucca, which is near Pisa. I don't know if I will be able to see the Leaning Tower though... After I spend two whole weeks of the advertised “planting vines and clearing forests,” I will go to Germany and see a fellow Triple R Ranch worker named Christian. He offered me his hospitality and we are finally going to make it work! So after a weekend near Frankfurt, I will have only three more nights till I go to Paris and start my English immersion camp adventure. Maybe I can hop down to Rome for quick hostel takeover. I mean, a hostel sleep over. I mean, I would sleep at a hostel.
All in all, with the aid of inexpensive flight ticket searches, my flight to Italy from Prague, by way of Brussels (?) will be about $100. And then from Bologna to Frankfurt is only 25 euros, or $31. A trip from the major Frankfurt airport to Rome would only be 15 euros and then to Paris: 9 euros! I do not mean to brag, but simply inform on how traveling around Europe can be. You can do it too!
So with my remaining money, I can easily reach Paris in time. Or I could just stay here in my big apartment in Prague and eat myself out of lethargical boredrum.
Why does spell check not like boredrum? Nor lethargical? Those are real words, aren't they?
So I never expected me to be doing tough farm work but hey, its Italy! I'll be leaving Prague and riding a train through the Italian countryside next Thursday!
Comments