May 5
May 5th
Mont d'Olmes
PLaying baseball and American football with French 10-12 year olds who have never thrown one before can be challenging. But lots of fun. If a ball rolls down a hill, we pray it doesn't go into the rushing river that emerges from the pipe system underneath the ski slopes. There are some grates I saw from Sunday around the ski lifts where I heard the sound of rushing water. The snow is melting finally in the merry month of May and we actually have grass! We walked through some mud to get to the parking lot where we play our rotation of baseball/football.
As I type this on the camp computer, I see the reflection of the moniter of the window and the amazing view behind it. One of the many peaks stretches to the top of the French door/window and there is a close cloud that is creating a shadow along the top. Some pines and rock faces are still brightly lit up from the gorgeous sun which is out in full power today. I think it is probably 15 or 20 degrees today. Celcius that is.
The day is almost over with breakfast, English classes, Congress, lunch , and the first afternoon activity finished. Now the kids are having their second afternoon activity, then showers when we have our meeting, then dinner, then evening activities. Camp life is hectic, to say the least. Yet I love it.
Mont d'Olmes
PLaying baseball and American football with French 10-12 year olds who have never thrown one before can be challenging. But lots of fun. If a ball rolls down a hill, we pray it doesn't go into the rushing river that emerges from the pipe system underneath the ski slopes. There are some grates I saw from Sunday around the ski lifts where I heard the sound of rushing water. The snow is melting finally in the merry month of May and we actually have grass! We walked through some mud to get to the parking lot where we play our rotation of baseball/football.
As I type this on the camp computer, I see the reflection of the moniter of the window and the amazing view behind it. One of the many peaks stretches to the top of the French door/window and there is a close cloud that is creating a shadow along the top. Some pines and rock faces are still brightly lit up from the gorgeous sun which is out in full power today. I think it is probably 15 or 20 degrees today. Celcius that is.
The day is almost over with breakfast, English classes, Congress, lunch , and the first afternoon activity finished. Now the kids are having their second afternoon activity, then showers when we have our meeting, then dinner, then evening activities. Camp life is hectic, to say the least. Yet I love it.
Comments