April 30th

Je neh comprah pah francais
April 30th/ May 1st
Mont d'Olmes

For more weeks. Not that I'm counting. Will I have a week or at least a weekend to hang out with my family before I go to Triple R Ranch and work for the summer? I don't know. I do know that I am in good enough terms with our wonderful summer camp director to possibly skip the two week long orientation and come a little late to ease back into the States; that is if I do not already miss it while in Europe. When does it start? I don't know. And after my contract is over, do I get to stay in Paris for a free night at a hotel by grace of the camp company? I don't know. As you can see, I do not know many things. But that's alright. I'm not worried. But that doesn't mean I should not plan ahead.
This three day weekend should be relaxing. I hope to do some more writing, maybe a little sketching, and practice my juggling. Thirteen year old kids are better than me and our director here, CJ, can do tricks that astonish me so I am yet to get boastful about it. But I'm learning how to juggle! I think that's pretty cool. Not just learning how to juggle: learning how to juggle in France!...on a mountain!... in the Pyrenees!

My trusty hiking shoes are worn and torn. I cannot wear them in the snow. The hole two inch -and growing- hole prevents me from doing so. Luckily, I bought a new pair of sneakers at Carrefour while I was at Petit Bois. Water seeps through these new shoes like a spilled drink does through a knock off brand of paper towels but I'm alright. I always have time to change into my other shoes or slippers- also bought at Carrefour- before the next activity.

Teaching English is going well. Even though this week was a short week, I feel like I at least taught them something if not then reminded them of the past tense of some irregular verbs. General Tso (please remember that we give the kids names at the beginning of the week for fun and better remembrance) always raised his hand and said “I don't understand” and some of the others were good and always explained to students who missed a word I said or were completely dumbfounded. Some of my more memorable students this week were Sharpie, Rocky, MacGuyver, and Fantasia.

I have now been in Europe for 4 whole months and now there are only four more weeks? They will fly, I know it. I have already spent three and a half weeks at Petit Bois and then two weeks here on this snowy mountain. It snowed again this morning and then gradually turned into rain as the day progress. I've heard of April showers but April snow showers??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day ?

Day 1