April 8th
Montlucon
April 8th, 2009
The three of us who have the week off have been wondering what to do. I could relax and maybe recover a little longer from my cold which is all but gone, but Nadine and Jess (aka Foxy and Click) are ready to see a big town. So for five euro, we bought a round trip ticket on a bus. But it ended up not being a bus but a taxi. But it was still only five euro so hey, whatever. We even shared it with a couple that sat in the back who had some body odor issues but nothing that an open window on a spring day can't solve.
The sun was shining and we were on our way. A twenty minute ride through the pretty French countryside brought us to the populous small city with a chateau, train station, and a cool system of fountains that squirt simultaneously then sporadically.
The girls spent most of the time shopping but we did stop for some coffee at the beginning and I thought about buying some new shoes. The hiking shoes I have used since Prague, Spain, Italy, and Germany are getting a little worn and torn. But all of the shoe stores were expensive to me at fifty or ninety euro which is like seventy or one hundred twenty US dollars. So yeah, no thanks.
Maybe Friday we'll go back to Montlucon to a Walmart like store where they had a hairdresser for Nadine and cheaper shoes for me. All I need is something to last me till June at the very least. Then my parents will start spoiling me again with gifts of welcoming love. ((Just kidding Mom and Dad!))
So we got the same taxi driver back to Cosne d'Allier and here I am, writing about the day. Tonight is another mystery, just awaiting to be discovered, as is all things not in history, the future waits to be uncovered, so here I go ready, unsuffered
April 8th, 2009
The three of us who have the week off have been wondering what to do. I could relax and maybe recover a little longer from my cold which is all but gone, but Nadine and Jess (aka Foxy and Click) are ready to see a big town. So for five euro, we bought a round trip ticket on a bus. But it ended up not being a bus but a taxi. But it was still only five euro so hey, whatever. We even shared it with a couple that sat in the back who had some body odor issues but nothing that an open window on a spring day can't solve.
The sun was shining and we were on our way. A twenty minute ride through the pretty French countryside brought us to the populous small city with a chateau, train station, and a cool system of fountains that squirt simultaneously then sporadically.
The girls spent most of the time shopping but we did stop for some coffee at the beginning and I thought about buying some new shoes. The hiking shoes I have used since Prague, Spain, Italy, and Germany are getting a little worn and torn. But all of the shoe stores were expensive to me at fifty or ninety euro which is like seventy or one hundred twenty US dollars. So yeah, no thanks.
Maybe Friday we'll go back to Montlucon to a Walmart like store where they had a hairdresser for Nadine and cheaper shoes for me. All I need is something to last me till June at the very least. Then my parents will start spoiling me again with gifts of welcoming love. ((Just kidding Mom and Dad!))
So we got the same taxi driver back to Cosne d'Allier and here I am, writing about the day. Tonight is another mystery, just awaiting to be discovered, as is all things not in history, the future waits to be uncovered, so here I go ready, unsuffered
Comments